Wow! Corner has some amazing artists. I can't wait for what they will do in this next school year!
8.03.2012
2011-2012 Recap
It felt like this school year FLEW by me! Even though it went by in a flash, there was plenty of art making going on at Corner. This year, the seventh and eighth graders focused on the art history timeline. We started in pre-historic times (think cavemen) and ended in Modern art times. Sixth grade took a world art tour of different countries including Mexico, Egypt, Africa, and more. Fifth grade learned the recipe to art, Art Elements. In my elementary classes, we did a mix of it all from a really fun fairy tale/Medieval times unit to American folk artist, Grandma Moses. To conclude our school year, I (and with a little help from my friends) put up an over 1,000 piece artwork display! It truly was an amazing site! If you didn't get a chance to roam the halls for the week it was up, here is a an abbreviated version:
Wow! Corner has some amazing artists. I can't wait for what they will do in this next school year!
Wow! Corner has some amazing artists. I can't wait for what they will do in this next school year!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment